Amanda's Amazing Gluten Free Lasagna
1/2 block extra firm tofu, chopped and then crumbled to resemble veggie ground
1/2 large onion, finely chopped (which I forgot tonight and it was wonderful without)
3 celery sticks, chopped
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped ( if you kids don't like them just chop them smaller)
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 28oz can of diced no added salt tomatoes
2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tbs Epicure Minced Garlic
1 pkg Rice lasagna noodles, cooked for 15-17 at a low boil then rinse under cold water and set
1 750g container of 2% cottage cheese
1 bag of baby spinach
Third and final layer
1 bag of Italian cheese blend, shredded
- Layer the bottom of your pan 9 x 13 lasagna pan with your first layer of noodles
- After chopping all your other ingredients for the first layer combine together in a large bowl and mix, then layer over first layer of noodles.
- Then cover with another layer of noodles.
- Next add the cottage cheese and spread evenly over the noodles and layer over top as much spinach as desired, I usually cover all the cottage cheese.
- Add another layer of noodles, which will be your last layer of noodles.
- Cover noodle layer with Italian cheese blend, put pan on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 50-60 mins. When the cheese is golden brown remove from the oven and enjoy!