Animal Cracker Cookie
1/2 C Brown Rice Flour
1/2 C Sweet White Sorghum Flour
1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
1/4 C Almond Meal
1/2 C Unsweetened Finely Shredded Coconut, very finely minced
1/4 C Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil, softened
1/3 C Fine Grain Natural Cane Sugar
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 Lrg Brown Egg, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp Organic Unsweetened Apple Sauce
A few Tbsp Organic Demerara Sugar
- Whisk together your flours, almond meal, xantham gum, and coconut in separate bowl and set aside.
- Combine your coconut oil, sugar and salt into your mixing bowl and mix until forms a brown sugar frosting consistancy then add in your egg and beat until uniform.
- Add your flour mixture and stir until just incorporated and add your apple sauce one Tbsp at a time until the dough sticks together in a ball.
- Split into 2 balls and place a parchment paper and flatten each one.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on your parchment paper until it is about 1/4" to 1/8" thick depending on how you like them. Cut out your shapes laying them on a parchment lined cookie tray about an inch apart.
- Sprinkle with your demerara sugar and bake for 7-9 mins just until the edges turn brown.