Last Friday night I made a treat for my Husband, he used to love Wendy's Bacon Mushroom Melt which they no longer have here but I found a Gluten Free Cheese Recipe and made this for him. It was extremely yummy and unfortunately I forgot to take a picture for you.
Gluten Free Cheese Sauce
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Gluten Free Flour (I used Bob's Redmill All Purpose Flour)
3/4 Rice Milk (personal preference)
1.5 C Sharp Cheddar
- Melt 2Tbsp butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook until fragrant and light brown in color.
- Slowly whisk in the rice milk and bring to a boil. Cook while whisking until smooth and thickened to the consistency of gravy.
- Remove from heat and blend in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted.
Today I made a Banana Snack Cake for the daycare for afternoon snack, I have been reading of the importance of kids having protein throughout the day to fuel their growing bodies and minds. So altered the recipe which I found here to be Gluten Free and contain a source of protein.
Gluten Free Banana Snack Cake
1 Large Egg
1/3 C Loosely packed Whole Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 ripe Bananas, mashed
3/4 C Fava/Garbonzo Bean Flour
1/4 C Brown Rice Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray
- In the mixing bowl, whisk egg and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and mashed bananas, mixing until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, mixing until the batter comes together.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20mins or until the center no longer jiggles and the edges are golden.
- Serve warm.
To finish off our day we did some yoga including several rounds of Om's what a wonderful sound coming from children!