Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Crafty Tuesday - My Baby is Five!



So today really doesn't have a lot of crafting going on other than trying to finish my wood play set which took a blow last week when my husband left my Son and one other daycare child unsupervised while I was in bed with severe pain anyways I am salvaging that project. I have to put the faces on the fairies, hair and wings and then paint the pumpkin stacker as well I still have to get my felt crown made but the party isn't until Saturday so there is time. I picked up two more books from the library for next month the first one is Around the World in 80 tales it's a huge book but looks wonderful and then to compliment that I found Our World a National Geographic Child's First Picture Atlas.

Other than that the only other thing I managed to accomplish on this very crazy snowy day, seriously is Spring ever going to show up, is make birthday cake for my Son to share with his Daycare friends this afternoon. My girlfriend came to celebrate with her two kids and said the cake was so good is right up there in my "best list" and that I must share the recipe with you all.

Spencer's Gluten Free Birthday Blondies

1 Cup white rice flour
1/2 Cup Sorghum flour
1/2 Tsp Xantham Gum
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Cup Fudge Cups
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup organic unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 Cup agave nectar
2 eggs


Directions:
  1. Preheat Oven to 350F and grease a 9" square baking pan.
  2. Cream butter using mixer. Then add the 1/2 Cup Agave and blend together.
  3. Add the 1/2 cup apple sauce and 2 eggs and thoroughly mix together.
  4. In a separate bowl combine flours and whisk together until completely mixed. Then add to mixing bowl with the wet ingredients and blend together.
  5. Once completed add 1/2 Cup of the fudge cups and reserve the other half.
  6. Pour completed batter into pan and bake for 10 mins, then remove from oven and add the remaining half of the fudge cups.
  7. Bake for another 15-20 mins or until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean.
  8. Let cool for 5 mins and remove from pan.
Here is a link to my current favorite frosting recipe I substitute the milk for rice milk or soy depending on what I have on hand.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda...how much butter? I do not think its listed in the recipe. Or maybe its my dyslexia kicking in.

    Take care,
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kirk I did omit it from the ingredients list...oops! It was a crazy day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete