Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sundays!


Yesterday I came across the most amazing print while browsing on Etsy and I had to share it with you all as well I purchased on for our home. The name of the store is Raceytay and the photo is of a butterfly coming home after the summer, it symbolizes so much to my family as butterflies are one of the symbolize of pregnancy loss and we had a miscarriage last spring after almost 3 years of trying and finally we are ready to try again so this photo is very symbolic to us.







So on the menu tonight is;
Gluten Free Updated Shepherd's Pie

6-8 red potatoes
1 1/2 tbs epicure minced garlic
3/4 cup light sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
1 lb free range lean ground beef
2 tbs gluten free flour
3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
3/4 cup gluten free beef broth
2 tbs organic ketchup or tomato paste

Preheat the oven to 375F

Cook potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20mins or until potatoes are very tender. Drain return to saucepan. Add sour cream and mash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.

Brown the meat in a large skillet. Stir in the Gluten Free Flour; cook and stir about 1 min. Add your vegetables, Gluten Free Broth, and ketchup; cook 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Spoon into a 11x13 baking dish; cover with the potatoes and top with remaining cheddar cheese bake for 18 mins or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted.


After supper my husband is heading to do some teaching with the missionaries and I plan to work on a Marble Loaf recipe if I am successful I will post if for you all later. Oh and I have to tell you about the meal I cooked on Friday for the missionaries it was completely amazing it was one of the Rachel Ray Yum - O meals the Pork Chops, Golden Apple and Raisin Sauce, and Whole Wheat Pasta Mac n Cheddar with Broccoli so very good! I of course used rice noodles and I used the penne and also switched the broccoli for green beans and steamed them on the side instead of mixing them in but still very good! If you get a chance try and make tonight's' meal and the Rachel Ray one.

No comments:

Post a Comment