Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hawaii Five 0 in a Pan


So yesterday I brought home the much anticipated stand mixer and I am in love already. I don't how I have done what I have been doing without! I didn't purchase the old faithful that everyone swears I bought the new Cuisinart Stand Mixer and also the Food Processor attachment and I am truly in love deep, deep love. I also watched the instructional DVD last night and I think after seeing that I may purchase the Pasta Maker and the Meat Grinder so I can make my own Gluten Free pasta and sausages, oh and I think I will be trying out making my own Gluten Free bread now too so much I can do now!

So tonight's' recipe well it is simply amazing it smells so good while it's cooking and fresh out of the oven and all I could think about was Hawaii Five-0. The smell of orange, apple, and coconut while it was cooking just divine! So without further ado here is the recipe for what I am calling Hawaii Five 0 in a Pan;

Gluten Free Hawaii Five 0 in a Pan

Firstly you need to create the buttermilk as I haven chosen not to use the dairy milk version I am using rice milk instead; so you need 1 cup rice milk and 1 tbs apple cider vinegar, combine those together and set aside for later.

Ingredients

1 small orange, unpeeled, seeded and quartered
3/4 cup raisins
1 3/4 cup My Gluten Free Flour Blend
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil virgin or extra virgin
1/3 cup organic apple sauce
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 egg
3/4 cup rice milk buttermilk (from the one cup we created)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
  2. Place quartered orange in food processor and pulse until chopped. Add raisins and pulse briefly.
  3. In a separate bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups my flour blend , baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside for later.
  4. In the mixing bowl cream coconut oil, apple sauce and agave nectar together. Add the egg and beat until blended. Mix the 1/4 cup reserved my flour blend with the orange/raisin mixture and add to the egg mixture followed by our rice buttermilk.
  5. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and lightly mix to blend.
  6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until loaf is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45mins.
  7. Cool on a rack for 10 mins before removing from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Well I look forward to all the new wonderful recipes I will be creating with my new Cuisinart Stand mixer and I am sure you are all looking forward to trying them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment