So yesterday I brought home the much anticipated stand mixer and I am in love already. I don't how I have done what I have been doing without! I didn't purchase the old faithful that everyone swears I bought the new Cuisinart Stand Mixer and also the Food Processor attachment and I am truly in love deep, deep love. I also watched the instructional DVD last night and I think after seeing that I may purchase the Pasta Maker and the Meat Grinder so I can make my own Gluten Free pasta and sausages, oh and I think I will be trying out making my own Gluten Free bread now too so much I can do now!
So tonight's' recipe well it is simply amazing it smells so good while it's cooking and fresh out of the oven and all I could think about was Hawaii Five-0. The smell of orange, apple, and coconut while it was cooking just divine! So without further ado here is the recipe for what I am calling Hawaii Five 0 in a Pan;
Gluten Free Hawaii Five 0 in a Pan
Firstly you need to create the buttermilk as I haven chosen not to use the dairy milk version I am using rice milk instead; so you need 1 cup rice milk and 1 tbs apple cider vinegar, combine those together and set aside for later.
1 small orange, unpeeled, seeded and quartered
3/4 cup raisins
1 3/4 cup My Gluten Free Flour Blend
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil virgin or extra virgin
1/3 cup organic apple sauce
1/3 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup rice milk buttermilk (from the one cup we created)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Place quartered orange in food processor and pulse until chopped. Add raisins and pulse briefly.
- In a separate bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups my flour blend , baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside for later.
- In the mixing bowl cream coconut oil, apple sauce and agave nectar together. Add the egg and beat until blended. Mix the 1/4 cup reserved my flour blend with the orange/raisin mixture and add to the egg mixture followed by our rice buttermilk.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and lightly mix to blend.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until loaf is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45mins.
- Cool on a rack for 10 mins before removing from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.