Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Left Overs and Yah for Girl Power

Well after yesterdays crazy day things have settled down today and our new family member has surely settled in as he has now chewed two of the daycare toys one had to disposed of to the landfill as my Son would tell you. The meatballs last night weren't perfect but once I have perfected them I will post the recipe for you. I did however take some of the leftovers and made up a meatball soup to for lunch today which is smelling oh so good on the stove.

Left Over Meatball Soup

Several left over meatballs about 3-5 depending on the size (mine were massive), cut up into bite size pieces
2-3 carrots, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
6-8 petite potatoes red, chopped
1/2 a large onion, chipped finely
3/4 cup of frozen green beans the cut up ones
2 cups of Organic Gluten Free Chicken broth
4 Cups of Water
1 Tbs Epicure Pot Herbs (My Consultant if you want to use for purchasing is Deanna Osterbeck)

Combine all ingredients in a large pot on the stove left simmer over medium heat for an hour and turn down to low and cook till veggies are tender.

So last night disaster struck our house the dishwasher broke now I do at least two full dishwasher loads a day plus some hand washing between the daycare and our family so it is a big deal to not have it! Thankfully the missionaries were over for supper and they pitched in to help get all the dishes cleaned and put away. This morning I called my Mom to complain about our dishwasher being broken and her boyfriend was there and he asked me to check the valve under the sink which I did and wiggle it a little but no luck, then he suggested to change it's position again no luck. After that I put it back in the original position and it worked! I am so excited to say that I fixed our dishwasher with a little help, Yah for Girl Power! Also last night two of our new friends from church brought over the most wonderful baptism gift for us a bible not just one but there is a second one on route to us, how lovely and thoughtful. They truly are very wonderful people, I am so excited for our families to get to know each other better and to get to know other families in our church as well! So my next baking experiment in the works is mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I found some in the freezer this morning that are not Gluten free from before I was sick so now I am going to recreate them but Gluten free the kids really do love them and they are so good for them!

Other than that today we are going to be celebrating Ground Hog day this afternoon in the daycare I came across this craft on Facebook this morning and we will be doing it this afternoon so on that note Happy Ground Hog Day everyone! Also you print off a super cute ground hog picture to color here.

Oh and I also managed to get some items listed on ebay today view them here. I will adding more items too as time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment