Thursday, February 3, 2011

Some links I wanted to share

I get several links a day through various blogs and Facebook so I had promised to share some. The first one my Son insists is the most important to share is TVO Kids it has all kinds of great kids shows a couple of our favorites are Dinosaur Train and Peep and the Big Wide World Show those are just a couple their so many more. As I had mentioned we previously stopped our cable service for budgeting reasons and also to better control the amount of TV being watched by our Son, it really is great to see him playing so much more! Another is a Site I came across yesterday they have a monthly 3 dimensional paper Calendar craft that they email out the Site name is Curiosity and also found their site a link to some great Handy Manny paper crafts for our kids. The last one I wanted to share is a craft we are going to do here at the daycare it's a paper mache bowl that I really want to make with the older kids just have to gather some of the supplies. I am also going to take some time and explore that blog further for more ideas. I have been spending a lot of time lately reading about different methods of learning and exploring different ways of helping children to learn about their world.

So for supper last night I took the easy way out and made pancakes for supper it was a nice treat to our Son who loves them however until last night I had not discovered a recipe that was Gluten Free that my family would like kind of like the elusive Chocolate Chip Cookie. I had picked up several recipe books from the library and have been trying some of the recipes out. Last nights pancakes came from Incredible Edible Gluten Free Food for Kids by Sheri L. Sanderson.

Buttermilk Pancakes

Ingredients
2 Cups Rice Flour
1/3 Cup Tapioca Flour
2/3 Cup Potato Starch Flour
3 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 Tbs Baking powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Buttermilk powder
2 Eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups Milk
4 1/2 tsp Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
Directions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and buttermilk powder. Make a well by pushing the ingredients to the sides of the bowl.
  2. In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk and oil.
  3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine well. Do not over mix.
  4. Drop by 1/4 cups onto a hot griddle or pan. Cook until the pancakes are dry on the edges and bubbly. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
Makes 18-20 5 inch pancakes. You can freeze your leftovers for a quick breakfast just reheat in toaster or microwave.


No comments:

Post a Comment