5 Cups Brown Rice Flour
3 Cups Sorghum Flour
2 2/3 Cups Potato Starch
1 Cup Corn Starch
1/4 Cup + 4 tsp Potato Flour
1 tbs + 1 tsp Xantham Gum
This makes about 12 cups flour so you can half it but keep the same amount of xantham gum to try it out. I used this blend to make the following two recipes.
The first is one from Cooking for Isaiah that I modified.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Gluten Free
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour Mix (see above)
3 tbs Bernard Callebaut Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup all vegetable shortening at room temperature
1/2 Cup Organic Demerara Sugar
1/4 Cup Xylitol
1 Large Egg at room temperature
1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
2 tbs Organic Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl and using a mixer beat together the shortening and the sugars until fluffy about 2 mins. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and apple sauce. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients and then stir the chocolate chips.
- Using a tbs drop the dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden brown at the edges, 10-12 mins. Let cool for 5 mins than transfer to a wire rack to cool.
1 2/3 Cups Gluten Free Flour Blend (see above)
2/3 Cup Xylitol
1 Tsp Epicure Pumpkin Pie Spice ( you can enter my consultant Deanna Osterbeck when ordering)
1Tsp Baking Soda
3/4 Tsp Sea Salt
2/3 Cup Organic Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 Cup Pure Pumpkin Puree
2/3 Cup Rice milk
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup or less Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line your 36 cup mini muffin pan with mini paper liners.
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a medium bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a large bowl and gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well blended then add the mini chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared mini muffin pan, until cups are about 2/3 full. Bake until golden and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean, about 12-14 mins.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.